On this page we provide some useful web links and other information for your use. You should copy the links into your web browser.
Below is the link to the local Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) which hosts a lot of very useful information.
Link to main HSCP website: http://www.renfrewshire.hscp.scot/
Know who to Turn to for Medical Help - the following poster will give you information on who to contact in a variety of situations
Local Services with Self referral Options
Self Referral Poster
Please see the below document for information on child health
Child Health School Exclusion Information
Healthy eating sesssion in Johnstone
Old Johnstone Clinic, Nutrition and Dietetic Department,
off Quarry street, Johnstone. PA5 8EE
1st Wednesday every month 9.30 to 10.30am
Table top displays, Quizzes, leaflets
IN A HURRY?
Don’t worry, no need to stay for an hour. Just drop in
for 10 mins then return another time
Get lots of tips to help you make positive and lasting changes for a healthier life.
Find out if your Weight, Waist and BMI are in the healthy range.
Self Care - Guidance for Patients
The following Link provides useful information on Self Care for our patients
Dementia Information can be obtain using the following link
Detect Cancer Early - Bowel Screening Programme - see link below for further information. Please do the test if you are sent one and are in age group 50 to 74. If you want to do a test and are age over 75 you can request one - information on nhsinform site - link below.
More info on Bowel Screening is at (copy and paste link into your web browser)
Bowel Screening Test Kit instuctions
Bowel Screening Made Easy Leaflet
Pelvic floor exercises for mild stress urinary incontinence
Renfreshire Alcohol and Drug Partnership
(it's 16 pages long so maybe print it as 2 pages per a4 page).
There is a national telephone based guided self help service for mild depression and anxiety provided by NHS 24.
This service is available from 1pm to 9pm Monday to Friday.
Contact them on 0800 328 9655
The Chronic Pain specialists in NHS GG&C now have a new website for use by both patients and health professionals.
The following link is an A to Z of health and Social Care within Renfrewshire.
The following is a link to contraceptive information
Please note Riverview Medical Centre only syringes earwax as last resort. We do not carry our ear irrigation routinely. Ear syringing will only be carried out after trying ear drops to soften the wax and then different drops to melt the wax. Only after that will consideration be given to syringing your ears.
The following is a link to Cutting Down your Drinking Guide
Ambulance Booking by Patients Leaflet
Ambulance Booking Information
Diabetes Risk Score Test
Copy address below into your web browser to open link
The following link is for SAY Women who are a voluntary organisation which offers supported accommodation and related services for young women aged 16--25 years.
Gender Based Violence (GBV)
Where to get help/support
Useful Telephone Numbers and Sources of Support for the Renfrewshire and GG&C Area
- Renfrewshire Women’s Aid - 0141 561 7030
- Women and Children First - 0141 887 7227
- Amina (Muslim Women) – 0141 585 8026
- Hemat Gryffe Women’s Aid (for BME community) - 0141 353 0859
- Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men - 0808 801 0327
- Rape Crisis - 0141 522 3200
- RAH Hospital - 0141 887 9111
- Victim Support Paisley - 0141 887 0328
- Sandyford Clinic (Sexual Health) - 0141 314 0726
- Police Family Protection Unit - 0141 532 5900
- Homeless Housing Advice - 0800 121 4466
- Citizen’s Advice - 0141 889 2121
- Children 1st – Children and Family Service – 0141 418 5690
- Housing Advice Centre – 0141 840 3308
- Social Work Standby - 0800 811 505
- Social Work Childcare First Response – 0141 842 4077
- Social Work Community Care First Response – 0141 842 4144/4059
- Social Work Offices (Renfrew) – 0141 207 7777
- Social Work Offices (Johnstone) - 01505 342300
- Social Work Offices (Paisley) – 0141 842 4197
- Shelterline – 0808 800 4444
- Advice Works (Money advice) Johnstone – 0300 300 1238
- Police (Johnstone) – 01505 404000
- Amina Helpline (Muslim Women’s Resource Centre) – 0800 801 0301
- Breathing Space – 0800 838 587
- Childline – 0800 11 11
- Scottish Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0800 027 1234
- In Care Survivors – 0800 121 6027
- Rape Crisis Scotland Helpline – 08088 01 03 02
- Forced Marriage Helpline – 0800 027 1234